One of my favourite shops on Smith St, Sonsa, is soon to open a new shop a bit further north on the same side of Smith St. It’s great to have somewhere within walking distance that is effectively a mini Sydney Rd.

sonsa new Sonsa coming soon on Smith St Collingwood

new Sonsa coming soon on Smith St Collingwood

7 thoughts on “new Sonsa coming soon on Smith St Collingwood

• 30 May 2012 at 8:19 am

The opening of Sonsa Foods in Smith Street wil mean that the people of Fitzroy and Collingwood will no longer be the captive of that purveyor of globalization and free trade ala Woolwoths. I say shop local and live a better life. Go Sonsa Foods.

• 30 May 2012 at 10:28 am

I thought they were moving to the old bank site on the cnr Moor St? (the crappy 2nd hand shop where the big Makatron fish is …)

• 30 May 2012 at 3:06 pm

I hope that they clean up their act, the fruit and veg on the street is never enticing.

Even the photo makes the place look pretty shabby.

• 30 May 2012 at 5:10 pm

It’s still being built! You’re jumping to conclusions.

• 30 May 2012 at 5:40 pm

I just went in there about an hour ago and they are trading. My spy tells me that many items are cheaper than Woolworths keep it that way Sonsa and you will be cruising.

• 31 May 2012 at 4:23 pm

Sonsa food is great for a lotof stuff but you did need to pick and cheese with the fruit and veg which is probably why it is a lot cheaper than Woolies. I understand they moved because a shopping centre is going up across several of the buildings with a Coles supermarket and a Coles Liquor.

Personally, I’m looking forward to the expanding Sona. I always go there for yoghurt, milk, fetta, haloumi, herbs and spices. If they expand their range they’ll get more of my business.

• 2 August 2012 at 6:09 pm

I’ve been shopping at Sonsa ever since they started the second shop. But their third shop is better than ever. The blog post was right. I used to go all the way to Sydney Rd for some items but not now. Coffee, yoghurt, cheese, Turkish bread, fruit and veg. I love not going to Safeway or Coles for anything any more. I LOVE going to Sonsa more than ever.