On Smith St near Gertrude St last week.

carrot1 a man with a carrot

carrot2 a man with a carrot

carrot3 a man with a carrot

a man with a carrot

8 thoughts on “a man with a carrot

• 31 December 2011 at 3:27 pm

He was walking down Johnston friday night (30th) also carrying said vegetable.

• 14 June 2012 at 10:44 am

He walked into Sonsa Foods (opposite ANZ Bank) today carrying the carrot, wandering around aimlessly. It’s changed colour a bit. Can someone please interview this man?

• 14 June 2012 at 12:38 pm

I’ve seen him a couple of times on Smith St, but then I saw him in Bourke St mall the other day, too.

Actually it may be a different carrot!

The first time I saw him it had plastic fern leaves , but the one in the photo looks like vine leaves.

And the stringy bit on the end looks new, too…..

Two giant carrots?

• 24 June 2012 at 11:55 am

I’ve seen him a few times now.

Once he was carrying an onion instead of the carrot standard.

Good to see he likes to change things up a bit.

He always is rather well dress for a carrotbearer.

• 25 June 2012 at 9:30 am

Carrot Man was on Brunswick Street last night around 8.30pm, near the San Churros. His carrot seemed a deeper carrot colour than the last time I saw it. Last night he walked a bit more slowly and seemed a bit more hesitant. Was the carrot getting cold?

And yes, he is quite neat and tidily dressed, sometimes wearing overalls.

• 26 June 2012 at 11:57 am

there was a mention of him in the week’s Melbourne Times:

“He told one bystander he’s tried a few vegetables and the carrot was most effective”

(apparently)

• 7 August 2012 at 9:22 pm

He was at sircuit bar on Monday morning at 2am. He told me he carries the carrot around because it makes people smile. He was also handing out small plastic Xmas-cracker-like toys. I got a sow with suckling piglets, a stegosaurus and a lesbian legowoman with one foot and half a head.