Whining sycophants annoy me. So do facile sociopaths. So when I read about the latest selfish stupidity of Shanaka from Lentil as Anything I was enraged. He is exactly the kind of social parasite who doesn’t deserve the opportunities available to Australian residents. He’s moved on from defrauding his suppliers and is now a repeat traffic offender. Never mind fining or gaoling him. If he is convicted he should be deported. No more excuses. Take responsibility for your behaviour and keep your hypocritical self-pity to yourself.

238213-shanaka-fernandois pay up sociopath

Photographer: Darren McNamara / copyright: Herald Sun – used under the fair dealings provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 / 2011

pay up sociopath

11 thoughts on “pay up sociopath

• 30 April 2011 at 5:00 pm

Unfair Brian. If he “collected a wage like a normal restaurant then (he) would have clearly earned a million dollars”

• 30 April 2011 at 5:29 pm

That’s no excuse for being a selfish dickhead and not paying his parking fines.

• 1 May 2011 at 12:33 pm

Why do you call him “a social parasite”? Not having a go, just don’t know enough about him.

I agree he should stop whining and pay the fines but that doesn’t make someone a social parasite.

• 1 May 2011 at 12:41 pm

Because he’s come to Australia and benefited from our generosity in welcoming migrants, and he’s disregarded that goodwill and has behaved in an appallingly anti-social way. If you’ve seen the doco on Lentil you would have seen how he refused to take responsibility for his debts to suppliers etc. He simply refuses to abide by the rule of law, eg paying employees properly, not paying his parking fines, etc. He is a parasite who takes and does not give. With freedom comes responsibility and if he cannot be a responsible resident he doesn’t deserve to live here. We don’t need him here.

• 2 May 2011 at 4:00 pm

He’s been an Australian citizen since 2006 so, like him or not, he’s our ‘problem’, not any other country’s. Where do you plan on having him deported? When does someone become ‘Australian’ in your eyes?

• 2 May 2011 at 4:10 pm

If you’re born here we have to deal with you. If you weren’t then it’s a grey area. I think repeated criminal behaviour is reasonable grounds for having your citizenship or residency revoked.

• 2 May 2011 at 5:02 pm

It’s not really a grey area since the Act was re-written in 2007.

*If* he’s still a dual citizen and he committed a serious crime (generally requiring a 12 months+ prison sentence) *before* his naturalisation was approved, then there may be grounds to deprive him of his citizenship under section 34 of the Act.

But we can’t decide that someone’s fit to be a citizen and then, five years later, change our minds (at least, that’s my understanding of the Act).

• 2 May 2011 at 6:34 pm

Unfortunately. I’m offering an opinion, not an explanation of current law.

• 2 May 2011 at 9:37 pm

I was being sarcastic.

I doubt even the most successful Australian restaurants are making a million dollars.

• 5 May 2011 at 1:50 pm

I don’t think his restaurant would be successful if it weren’t ‘pay as you feel’. The food is not consistent or high quality and I think the only reason his restaurants are so popular is because you can pay little or nothing. Therefore, no, I don’t think he would have made a million dollars if he was charging real prices, because I think the restaurants would fail.