I was sad to see that Pollen Industries cafe on Brunswick St has closed. I liked their coffee and they made wonderful homebaked sweet and savoury treats, but somehow it never caught on and became popular. I think the fact that they didn’t do breakfast was a problem. Many of the reasons why small businesses fail remain unclear, but unfortunately I wasn’t surprised. Intuitively, it just didn’t seem to be the kind of cafe that would succeed.

pollen Pollen Industries has closed

Pollen Industries has closed

6 thoughts on “Pollen Industries has closed

• 21 March 2011 at 6:24 pm

You know I only went there once. The coffe didn’t thrill me. It felt a bit unfriendly. But I read about the baked stuff on here and meant to go back. Never did even though I’m around there all the time. It just didn’t grab me I guess. And I really don’t know why. It seemed like it should have. Sad to see they didn’t last though.

• 21 March 2011 at 7:02 pm

Their coffee did seem to divide tastes. I liked it, and their cakes and Jamaican patties too. But like Juanita’s, good things come and go. I tried hard to send customers their way!

• 21 March 2011 at 8:57 pm

I’m not surprised either. The range of food wasn’t wide enough, but the baked goods were great.

• 22 March 2011 at 8:32 am

I miss them – and their fabulous baking. Wish they’d done breakfast…

• 28 March 2011 at 3:31 pm

People are always in a rush!!!! Iloved the coffee and the Chai!!! perhaps all the fast food and Gloria Jeans nasty coffee is what people want !!Whole good food is prepared with the love of Good ingredients, Well iam not surprised either that those 2 wonderful Chefs decided to call it a day!!! with rude selfish people who dont want change , Good on you guys!!! we will have you anyday here in Tassi!!!Good luck in your next Venture!!!

• 5 May 2011 at 6:35 pm

Does anyone know what happened to them? I went today but they’d disappeared. Unfortunately there is nothing quite as good for little snacks and great coffee and hot chocolate in that part of Brunswick St. (where I do my laundry from time to time). And an amazing friendly atmosphere. Welcoming and not up-themselves. Pollen will be sorely missed in Fitzroy.