Posted over Rone’s Vegie Bar wall on Rose St near the corner of Brunswick St, these A4 political posters are self explanatory. I assume they’re the work of some christian zealot. They’re identical to islamic zealots. I wish they’d all go off and kill each other and leave the world to us ‘live and let live’ secular humanists.

sharia1 religion and politics

Religion is merely the name given to a particular form of politics – the politics of social control. All the big religions have one thing in common – a stupid old man in a silly hat telling everyone not to have fun. They can believe what they like, but they must learn to behave appropriately in our secular society. I don’t tell them how to live their lives, and they must stop telling us how to live ours.

sharia2 religion and politics

The biggest enemy of freedom of expression and freedom of speech is Senator Conroy and the ALP and their determination to criminalise consenting adult sexual behaviour, and incapacitate us from communicating about it, through their internet censorship filter.

religion and politics

4 thoughts on “religion and politics

• 9 August 2010 at 12:53 pm

Although I wouldn’t go to the effort of putting up posters, I’m strongly against sharia law and I’m not religious.

You dont’ have to be a religious zealot to be vehemently opposed to sharia law.

• 9 August 2010 at 1:20 pm

Not quite the point I was making, but anyway…

• 10 August 2010 at 11:24 am

I agree that the ALP’s & Conroy’s internet filter is a very real cause for concern. It’s has been the subject of some debate in public forums, however considering the gravity of this issue I think that this should be a debate which carries a higher priority.

• 23 August 2010 at 3:16 pm

Whoever posted this is brave to speak out against Islam in such a left leaning area.

For some reason, the left are more than happy to criticise religion if it is kept to Christianity and Scientology. Hell, we might even protest against them. Yet when it comes to Islam, we defend til we’re blue in the face, even though the Fitzroy demographic (gay men, lesbians, strong women, atheists) would be punished, sometimes by death, under Sharia Law.

Unfortunately Sharia Law is alive and well in many regions of Islamic countries. Although not common place, people are still being stoned to death, tortured and murdered for their sexuality and beaten for showing skin (women).

Please don’t think I’m Islamophobic, I’m not. However I am pro human rights.