This 1948 photo shows the Purina grain foods factory on Best St near St. George’s Road, North Fitzroy. The sharp art deco lines contrast with the Victorian terrace next door.
Courtesy of Fitzroy local history collection / ID: 8756 / photographer: unknown / copyright: expired – image is in the public domain / c1948
By 1980 the building was home to the Cadet Shoe Company.
Courtesy of Fitzroy local history collection / ID: 19053 / photographer: unknown / copyright: used under the fair dealings provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 / c1980
Now the building is part of an apartment complex that spans several buildings on the street, preserving the factory and the terraces.