In the space formerly occupied by the girly candle shop that never had any customers (and which lasted much longer than I thought it would) the Red Cross has today opened a very swish looking women’s fashion accessory shop.

redcross new Red Cross shop opens today on Brunswick St

new Red Cross shop opens today on Brunswick St

7 thoughts on “new Red Cross shop opens today on Brunswick St

• 14 May 2010 at 9:45 am

Since watching Weeds, I’ve started to wonder if that ridiculous candle shop was actually a front for a tunnel to Mexico…

• 14 May 2010 at 10:04 am

I think you’re right. It looked like a shop for southside princesses and their beige interior decor schemes, and was totally wrong for Brunswick St. It must have been a front for something! How else could it have survived for so long?

• 14 May 2010 at 6:44 pm

In April I noticed a new Red Cross shop in Newtown, Sydney, with a very eye-catching vintage display and lots of tasteful treasures. Someone with a good eye and shopping nouse is behind all this.

• 14 May 2010 at 8:02 pm

Interesting – possibly these shops are part of a well planned commercial strategy to reinvigorate the brand and make some money. Urgh, I sound like a brand wanker!

• 15 May 2010 at 8:07 pm

the whole of brunswick st is now a tired joke.

• 16 May 2010 at 1:07 pm

the candle shop must have been completely forgettable. I walk past there every day … and can’t for the life of me remember there being a candle shop. i’ll be more likely to notice the red cross one tho methinks

dettol – how tiring it must be to be so jaded

• 16 May 2010 at 10:10 pm

hasn’t anyone seen the new(ish) Red+ shop on Bridge Rd yet? the fanciest vintage-clothing shop I’ve ever seen! it even has a proper name (109…or something like that…whatever the address is…)