You may walk along Swanston St opposite the University of Melbourne campus, see Sinbad’s Lebanese cafe and keep on walking, thinking it is merely another kebab shop. Sinbad’s has a far greater variety of foods than that, including many vegetarian dishes. I selected a deluxe plate at $11.50 featuring felafel, vine leaves, dips, bean salads, eggplant, cauliflower and kebeh, and it was all fresh and delicious. Sinbad’s is highly recommended because the food is good and there is considerable variety, meaning you could eat there regularly without always having the same thing, and the staff are most welcoming.

sinbad1 lunch at Sinbad's on Swanston St, Carlton

sinbad2 lunch at Sinbad's on Swanston St, Carlton

lunch at Sinbad’s on Swanston St, Carlton

4 thoughts on “lunch at Sinbad’s on Swanston St, Carlton

• 31 March 2010 at 2:06 pm

I love sinbads! While you could potentially get something different there every day, I’m not sure why you would want to, when the falafel roll is SO good! (I’ve made it through three loyalty cards, which equals thirty of them…)

• 9 April 2010 at 11:20 pm

Dang, that does look good! I’ll have to walk the extra distance next time I’m buying lunch at uni.

• 28 June 2010 at 6:51 pm

sinbads is an amazing resturant i love it! i go there every month when im in melbourne and i never get sick of having it, the food is amazing and cheap! i definately recommend trying their little sweets they are the best i have ever had. and all the staff are so nice and welcoming its a great place to have lunch because of its atmosphere and food. i am going to keep going there until i get sick of it which will probably never happen. i definately recommend to everyone!!