According to its website, the Austrian Club was formed in 1944 and has served the Austrian community in Melbourne ever since. It was formerly located on Brunswick St but has since moved to West Heidelberg. The photo below, c1978, shows the Austrian Club building on Brunswick St, which is now the Aegean Greek restaurant. The building itself was constructed before 1858 according to the SLV.
Courtesy of Fitzroy local history photograph collection / ID: 19018 / photographer: unknown / copyright: used under the fair dealings provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 / c1978