These photos show the shops in the buildings on the north west corner of Brunswick St and Rose St. At the time they included a chemist and a crockery shop. Now they include recycled clothing and icecream. On Brunswick St the transition of much of Fitzroy from industrial to retail is less evident as it was a major retail strip from the time of its creation. But what would the Victorians think of a shop called Shag?
Courtesy of State Library of Victoria / ID: pi004882 / photographer: Algernon Darge / copyright: expired – image is in the public domain / c 1900-1920