I can’t find anything online about this, but something called Victoria Mill will open soon in the space of the recently departed Quick Brown Fox on Brunswick St. Food shop? Restaurant? I can’t tell from this note.

victoria-mill Victoria Mill coming soon to Brunswick St

Victoria Mill coming soon to Brunswick St

8 thoughts on “Victoria Mill coming soon to Brunswick St

• 7 March 2017 at 11:07 pm

Interesting. The rule of twos is in action here in two ways. First – a provedore very near another one, albeit a popup – see https://foodrepository.com.au. Second – a fromagerie very close to Shifty Chevre.

I’ve seen this repeatedly – two providers of the same thing open near each other. Remember the froyo farce of 2015? The best case scenario is that one fails and the other survives, but in the froyo example both failed.

• 11 March 2017 at 8:52 pm

Brian, have you got up around Gertrude Street near Napier Street recently ? The Gertrude Hotel has been closed for some weeks now, supposedly for renovations according to their website. The Wilde on the opposite corner has been closed for a couple of weeks as well but nothing on the website to indicate what is going on. Also, the Elysian whisky bar on Brunswick Street seems to be pretty quiet, often more staff than patrons. Any thoughts ? Cheers, Les

• 12 March 2017 at 10:44 pm

Thanks, I was not aware of the Gertrude Hotel being closed. I had heard that a former chef from Madam Sousou was going to take over The Wilde but that was months ago. Maybe that is still happening. I wrote back in December that I thought opening a whisky bar there was optimistic. I don’t like being right in such circumstances, but it doesn’t seem the right place for such a bar.

• 13 March 2017 at 3:40 am

I heard that the Gertrude has been bought by someone with connections to the corporate big-beer sector. Will be shame if it goes bland, as it had one of the most interesting tap lists around.

• 13 March 2017 at 10:53 am

I think the Gertrude is being taken over by owner of the Carlton Hotel in the city. They previously had the Builders

• 13 March 2017 at 6:44 pm

the dodgy owner of the now defunct madame Sousou (was kicked out by landlord) had bought the WILDE on Gertrude and is planning on opening yet another Madame Sou Sou – heard this from good source. Surprised anyone will supply him after he has burnt so many people and suppliers over the years. Very dodgy Operator.

• 14 April 2017 at 5:43 am

Yeh. This is correct guys. This guy should be banned from
        Opening restaurants. I worked for him for about 6 months at the old Madame Sousou, his name is Theo Tsapepas. Paid no one the correct rates, dodged tax, never paid suppliers, always pretended it was not his restaurant whenever anyone asked and even in the time I was there the business was Put into liquidation yet he just put another crony director / company to take over and didn’t pay any of the suppliers so we couldn’t get any stock . Yet he drives around in fancy Mercedes Benzs and says he is a lawyer and owns other resaruatants in Melbourne? Go figure? So unprofessional, guys like this give the industry a shit name. I am surprised he thinks he can just re open again, any money that he does not even have his name attached to this new restaurant again. Boycott at all costs. Rogue restaurantuer.