Brian Eno’s ‘Lighting the Sails’ at the Sydney Opera House was beautiful. Additional words are pointless.

opera12 'Lighting the Sails' by Brian Eno at the Sydney Opera House

opera1 'Lighting the Sails' by Brian Eno at the Sydney Opera House

opera2 'Lighting the Sails' by Brian Eno at the Sydney Opera House

opera9 'Lighting the Sails' by Brian Eno at the Sydney Opera House

‘Lighting the Sails’ by Brian Eno at the Sydney Opera House

7 thoughts on “‘Lighting the Sails’ by Brian Eno at the Sydney Opera House

• 18 June 2009 at 10:41 pm

hmm. were you there? I think not.

I happened to be up there at the time and found the projections garish and horrible. and a wasted opportunity.

I Didn’t know it was Brian Eno though, and I love his work. Hmm oh well, purely an aesthetic reaction; i’m sure a lot of work and thought went into it if he was behind it if Eno was involved.

• 18 June 2009 at 11:01 pm

What do you think you are achieving by questioning whether what I am writing is true?

• 19 June 2009 at 9:25 am

It’s probably just his online persona, Brian.

• 19 June 2009 at 10:50 am

no offence meant, I wasn’t accusing you of lying. I just thought you had viewed it on the internet rather than in person. Nowhere in your piece above did you say that you were there, therefore no accusation of lying. Try not to be so paranoid.

All i meant to get across was that for me, being there, looking at it, wasn’t an enjoyable experience and perhaps it comes across better in your pictures.

Anyway, I am glad you enjoyed it, and didn’t mean to come across as a troll.

• 19 June 2009 at 12:07 pm

Where did you think the photos came from? Is it not obvious that I was there? Unless credited otherwise all the content, words and pictures, is made by me. Perhaps I should make it clear that I do not repost content from elsewhere about events I have not experienced.

• 16 July 2009 at 11:10 am

Lovely. How could I not know about this.
    Too many RSS feeds, too little time…

• 16 July 2009 at 11:18 am

It was amazing but got very little national media attention.